Extramural Funding (Dr. SM Barlow)
- Principal Investigator, NIH R01 HD086088-01, Co-PI (Jill Maron, MD). Project Title "Somatosensory Modulation of Salivary Gene Expression and Oral Feeding in Preterm Infants." $2.8M. 04/01/16 – 03/31/21. Funded.
- Principal Investigator, Contract 70155, Epic Medical Concepts & Innovations. Somatosensory and Motor Function in Individuals with Cerebral Stroke Following TAC-Cell Array Stimulation. ($80,450). 01/01/15 - 12/31/16. Funded.
- Principal Investigator, NIH R01 DC 003311(Barlow). Sensorimotor Control and Development of the Human Orofacial System. ($5.34M total costs). 01/15/02 – 06/30/14. No-cost extension.
- Principal Investigator, K-CART (Autism) (Barlow, Anderson, M. Popescu). Neural and Pupillary Adaptation to Patterned Somatosensory Inputs in Adults with ASD. 10/01/11-12/31/13. $40,000.
- Co-Investigator and Core PI (BioEngineering – Barlow), NIH P30 Research Center (Rice-PI). Biobehavioral Neurosciences in Communication Disorders. ($1.72M total costs). 01/01/03-12/31/12. Core 3: Engineering. $565K.
- Principal Investigator, NIH R01 DC003311-06 ARRA EQ Supplement (Barlow). Sensorimotor Control and Development of the Human Orofacial System. ($50,000). NIDCD. 2009-2010.
- Co-Investigator, NIH R01 DE 013814(Carol-Ann Trotman – PI) Functional Outcomes of Cleft Lip Surgery. 05/01/01-12/31/10 ($3.5M).
- Core-Investigator, NIH R13 DC003383-11 (Sharon Moss - PI, Steven Barlow – Co-Investigator). ASHA Annual Research Conferences in Communication Sciences & Disorders. Renewal application. Barlow developed the 2008 Research Symposium Topic in Neurobiology of the Human Infant. 5-year renewal submitted Dec 1, 2006. ($170,000).
- Sponsor/Mentor for A. Dusick, MD. NIH/NICHD M01 RR00750-24S1. General Clinical Research Center at the Indiana Univ Med Center: Electrophysiology of Orofacial Reflex Systems in Neonates. 12/01/96-11/30/99
- T32 NIH/NICHD HD07475 (Thelen, PI; Barlow, Co-PI). Training Program in Infant Perception-Action Systems. 04/01/95-11/30/99
- Co-Investigator. NIH/NICHD R01 HD 223800 (Thelen - PI). Dynamic Factors in the Development of Motor Skills in Infants. 03/01/92-02/28/97
- Principal Investigator, NIH R01 DC00365-08 (Barlow, PI). Reflex and Fine Force Dynamics of the Perioral System. 04/01/87-09/30/95
Intramural Funding (Dr. SM Barlow)
- Barkley Trust, University of Nebraska. Communication Neuroscience Laboratories. 2014-2017.
- Sutherland Foundation Endowment, University of Kansas #38457. 06/01/05 – 01/31/14.
- Principal Investigator, GRF KU (Barlow). Cortical and Subcortical Contributions to Ororhythmic Behaviors: an fMRI Investigation (Pre-Doc, Meredith Estep). 7/1/08-6/30/09 ($13,018).
- Principal Investigator, KUMC-Research Institute. STN Deep Brain Stimulation and Parkinsonian Vocal Tract. ($21,000 total costs). 10/01/02-06/30/03.
- Principal Investigator, KU RDF (Barlow). The Effects of Deep Brain Stimulator Implants on Limb and Orofacial Force Dynamics. ($60,600). 10/01/00-12/30/02